Depending on the purpose for which you are providing your personal data, for the purpose of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Cap. 486) in Hong Kong (the ‘Ordinance’), the data controller (or entity responsible for the data collected) will be us. Within the context of this policy ‘we’ mean Pokfulam Development Company Limited.
Data we may collect from you
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. You may, however, visit our site anonymously. Information acquired/provided through our Website:
This includes information provided when subscribing to our services or products, participating in social media functions, or enquiring about further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you send us personal information which identifies you via email, we may keep your email and email address. We may also collect information that is available from your browser.
- We may ask you to complete optional surveys for research purposes.
- Details of your visits to the Websites including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
- We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
How we use your data
- To update and enhance our records
- To improve our Website (to ensure the content from the Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; we continuously strive to improve our website based on the feedback we receive from you)
- To send quarterly newsletters
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, research studies and/or market research activity, or any other site feature
Disclosure of your data
The email address you provided will be used to send you our occasional company news, updates, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
- Where we outsource any of our business functions under which we collect or store your data, in which case we will ensure that any such service provider adheres to at least the same obligations of security with regard to your data as undertaken by us
- Where we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Website Terms & Conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We will never sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information for marketing.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we wish to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes and request your consent to these activities.
If you wish to change your mailing preferences or opt-out of specific marketing communications sent from Pokfulam Development Company Limited, you may notify us via email email@example.com. Alternatively, you may contact us on +852 2520 1010. It may take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect. Please note that this will not alter your current email subscription preferences.
Access to information
The Ordinance gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Ordinance. If you would like to request a copy of your personal data under the Ordinance or have any other related queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take reasonable steps to create an accurate record of any personal data you have submitted. However, we do not assume responsibility for confirming the ongoing accuracy of your personal data. You can update your personal data by emailing us at email@example.com. Please note that it may take up to 21 days for the changes to come into effect.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computers, mobile phones or other devices through your web browser for record-keeping purposes. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our website.
We may also engage third parties to track and analyse non-personally identifiable data from the website. We use the data collected by such third parties to help us administer and improve the quality of Our website and to analyse usage of the same. This is unrelated to and separate from your personal data. Such third parties may combine the non-personally identifiable data that we provide about you with other information that they have collected. You can edit your browser settings to disable cookies but to do so you may not be able to utilize certain functionality of the website.
If you interact with us on social media platforms (for example if you “Like” Our Facebook page), we can interact with you and send you messages via these platforms. We will interact with you in accordance with the social media platform’s rules but we are not responsible for how the platform operators collect and handle your personal data. We are not responsible for what third parties post on our social media accounts.
Please also visit our disclaimer section establishing the use, disclaimer, limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
Pokfulam Development Company Limited
23/F, Beverly House, 93-107 Lockhart Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong